UM, a division of IPG Mediabrands, introduced the ninth edition of “Wave 9: The Meaning of Moments” annual global survey of the habits of social media users.
It is the largest and longest global survey of its kind with over 52,000 respondents across 78 countries, built on 10 years of research around social media users’ behaviour.
Some key insights…
- Consumer’s attention is becoming shorter and shorter
- Users prefer promoting themselves by sharing pictures or videos, sharing their location or using instant messaging more than having fun
- People are more and more smartphone addict and stress goes up when the internet doesn’t work
- They expect brands focus on quality content, helping them and content related to the brand
- Users feel overwhelmed by the volume of things available to them online